Rates are reasonable, and I have openings for work immediately. Let me know your deadline — I have a healthy respect for them!
I’m happy to submit an editing sample of a three pages from your manuscript, and will work with you on style. With any service, I”ll provide a short (a page or less) critique highlighting things to work on — and things that were great.
I’ve worked in traditional publishing but indie authors are my avocation. I love working with indies and can help with all aspects of manuscript prep, from writing, editing, and proofreading to newsletter and book blurbs. Need help marketing your book? I can help.
- Indie authors a specialty (others are welcome, too)
- My specialty “Reader’s Edit,” a dynamic mix of alpha reading, developmental editing, copy/line editing and free editing of either your book blurb or newsletter.
- Writing help
- Developmental editing
- Copyediting, light or heavy, fiction or nonfiction
- Beta reading
- Back cover blurbs! Fast!
- Social media coaching (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Author platform coaching (Yes, you can do it yourself!)
- Newsletter writing, editing, and list management
- Ad copy
- Website support (WordPress and other content management system help; content management, blog support)
- And if you’d like to learn to be a better writer, I’m happy to help.
If, after a sample edit, you’re ready to go, I’ll send a contract to you to sign (as I will), which will detail payment, time frame, confidentiality, and agreeable termination. A own payment may be required before work can begin.
I work in Word 365 and Google Docs and, depending on the type of service, will use in “Edit” or “Suggest” for changes. I can also work in Adobe Acrobat if desperately needed.
Rates are determined by word count or by time, depending on the type of manuscript and the amount of editing needed. Determination will be made after a sample is submitted and reviewed by the writer and the editor. Rates are set in accordance with the Editorial Freelancers Association guidelines.
I’d love to talk to you about your project! Contact me here.