Rates are reasonable, and I have openings for work immediately. Let me know your deadline — I have a healthy respect for them!
I’m happy to submit an editing sample of a dozen pages from your manuscript, and will work with you on style. With any service, I”ll provide a short (a page or less) critique highlighting things to work on — and things that were great.
I’ve worked in traditional publishing but indie authors are my avocation! I love working with indies and can help with all aspects of manuscript prep, from writing, editing and proofreading to ebook formatting and submission. Need help marketing your book? I have resources for you!
- Indie authors a specialty. Help with manuscript writing, editing, proofreading, book promo writing (blurbs), ebook formatting and submission.
- Copyediting, light or heavy, fiction or nonfiction
- Back cover blurbs
- Amazon (and other) book descriptions
- Social media management (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Author platform coaching (Yes, you can do it yourself!)
- Newsletter writing, editing and sending
- Ad copy
- Website support (WordPress and other content management system help; content management, blog support)
- And if you’d like to learn to be a better writer, I’m happy to help.
If, after a sample edit, you’re ready to go, I’ll send a contract to you to sign (as I will), which will detail payment, time frame, confidentiality and agreeable termination. A 25% down payment is required before work can begin.
I work in Google Docs and, depending on the type of service, will use in “Edit” or “Suggest” for changes. The document can be saved in several formats, including Word.
Rates are determined by word count or by time, depending on the type of manuscript and the amount of editing needed. Determination will be made after a sample is submitted and reviewed by the writer and the editor. Rates are set in accordance with the Editorial Freelancers Association guidelines.
I’d love to talk to you about your project! Contact me here.