Editor | Writer | Social coach
Your words are in good hands with me.
As a writer, I know the blood, sweat, and tears put into your work, especially as an indie author. The hours, days, weeks, and sometimes years spent crafting your story. That’s why my editing philosophy hinges on respect — for you as author, and for your future readers. I’m bringing years of experience to your project with one goal in mind: Make your book even better.
- Indie authors a specialty (others are welcome, too)
- My specialty “Reader’s Edit,” a dynamic mix of alpha reading, developmental editing, copy/line editing and free editing of either your book blurb or newsletter.
- Writing help
- Developmental editing
- Copyediting, light or heavy, fiction or nonfiction
- Beta reading
- Back cover blurbs! Fast!
- Social media coaching (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Author platform coaching (Yes, you can do it yourself!)
- Newsletter writing, editing, and list management
- Ad copy
- Website support (WordPress and other content management system help; content management, blog support)
- And if you’d like to learn to be a better writer, I’m happy to help.
Few people would believe that editing is fun, but when you’re working with authors like Steven Becker, it sure is. Steve writes action/adventure/mysteries set in the Florida Keys and Caribbean. Here’s what Steve says about our collaboration:
Working with Cathy has been a wonderful experience. After a dozen editors who all fell short, Cathy covers all the bases. With a solid knowledge of grammar and punctuation she covers the fundamentals, but it is the extra effort, pointing out inconsistencies and plot holes that really sets her apart. There’s tough love when you need it and ‘atta boys when you nail it. Cathy meets her deadlines and is professional through the entire process. I don’t release a word unless she checks it first.